How to turn off Num lock and Scroll lock on laptop keyboard


A laptop Keyboard doesn't have a Number pad. Due to compact size, laptops don’t include a dedicated numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard like in a desktop computer. On a desktop, or any complete keyboard, the number lock and scroll lock function will be available by which you can turn it ON and OFF. But if the number lock is on in laptop, certain letter keys can’t be used and since laptop keyboards don’t have a number pad, it's gets difficult to disable it.

Below are some methods to disable NumLock & Scroll lock on a laptop keyboard.


1. Disable with Keyboard

Laptops have a 'Fn' key you can press in conjunction with other keys to turn off the NumLock and Scroll lock feature.The button should be located in the lower left side of the keyboard, next to the Windows button.

➤ Press and hold the "Fn" button and press the button labeled "num lk" to disable or enable Number lock and for Scroll lock press the button labeled "scroll". So use -
Fn + num lk button (for number lock)
Fn + scroll button (for Scroll lock)


➤ That's it ! Now you can enable/disable number ans scroll lock with this method.

You must be thinking when there is no Number pad on laptop's keyboard then why this lock. But you will amazed to know that, there is number pad on the laptop keyboard, see the below image to know about the number pad :


To use the number pad which is shown in the above image, first enable the number lock by using Fn + num lk. Now press and hold Fn button and press the keys which are shown in above image. Like if you press 'M' then '0' will come up instead of the alphabet 'M' , if you press 'U' then it will be '4' instead of 'U'.

2. Disable with On-screen keyboard

For this method we will use the on screen keyboard of the Laptop to disable or enable num lock or scroll lock.

Click Start, and search for On screen typing it in the search field, then select On-Screen Keyboard from the search results list, and open it.

Click on 'Options' in the 'On-Screen Keyboard'.


In the Options window, select Turn on numeric keypad , then click the OK button to save.


Now On-Screen Keyboard will display a numeric keypad. Click on NumLock to disable the numeric keypad. To enable it, select the NumLock button again.


Close the On-Screen Keyboard after you are done.

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are
    you using for this website? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm
    looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me
    in the direction of a good platform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. obviously like your web-site but you need to cһeck the spelling on qᥙite a feew of
    your posts. A number of them are rіfe with spelling problems and I fіnd іt very bothersome to infoгm thee truth on the other hand I wjll definitely come again again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could certainly see your expertise in the article you write.
    The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how
    they believe. At all times follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best time to make some plans for the long run and
    it's time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I may I
    wish to counsel you few attention-grabbing issues or tips.
    Perhaps you can write subsequent articles regarding this article.
    I wish to learn even more issues approximately it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which
    blog platform are you using for this site?
    I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems
    with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform.
    I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made some really good points there. I checked
    on the net for more information about the issue and found most individuals
    will go along with your views on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What i don't realize is actually how you're not really a lot more
    smartly-appreciated than you may be now. You are so
    intelligent. You already know thus considerably with regards to this matter,
    made me in my view consider it from so many numerous angles.

    Its like women and men are not interested unless it is one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga!
    Your personal stuffs excellent. Always care for
    it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding post, I conceive people should acquire a lot from this blog its very user genial.
    So much good information on here :D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply wish to say your article is as astounding.
    The clarity in your post is simply excellent and
    that i can assume you're a professional in this subject.
    Fine together with your permission let me to seize your RSS feed to
    stay up to date with imminent post. Thank you one million and please continue the rewarding
    work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge regarding unpredicted feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful &
    it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you
    helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent points altogether, you simply gained a new reader.
    What could you suggest about your put up that you simply made some days in the past?
    Any positive?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs!
    Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward
    to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

    ReplyDelete